Make Spooky Upcycled Things!

Hi friends! It’s Tammy Lee from @hey.its.tam.tam with another project featured the new digital images from DoodleDaisesandInk! I’m going to be upcycling a Dollar Tree frame to make some spooky decor. Here’s what we’re going to be making:


Here’s what you’ll need:

A Dollar Tree frame (this one had a piece of twine and clothespins on it but you can recreate that with some twine!)

Scissors

Glue or double sided tape 

Cardstock

Stickers/embellishments

Optional: thread, foam tape

Let’s get started!

Today I’m using the Happy Haunting collection from My Mind’s Eye that I found at Tuesday Morning.


The first thing you want to do is cut a piece of cardstock for the background. Now you can get all fancy schmancy and measure it, but I’m a “good enough” type of woman. I just plop the backing of the frame down on my Cardstock, trace around with a pen (pencil is smarter though bc it can be erased if need be) and cut it out. I chose to tape the cardstock to the backing.


Now we’re going to make two embellishment pieces to clip onto the twine. I choose a playing card cutout from the collection but a tag would also work fantastic. All I simply did was layer embellishments up with foam tape, attaching gold thread to the back of one layer. On this photo, you can see the darling ghost from DoodleDaisesandInk.



On this card, I used more embellishments from the collection. There’s no wrong way to do this. It’s such a versatile project.

Then you simply clip them on!



And that’s it! You can hang it or display it on a shelf with other spooky decor. Make sure to tag #doodledaisesandink and my account @hey.its.tam.tam on Instagram if you decide to give this a go. Happy haunting y’all!

Comments